Systems Engineer Glasgow 2023
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Candidates that would impress us
- You have graduated with a Master’s degree of an Engineering School (Electronics, Aeronautical/Space Engineering, and Computer Science) or in University
- You have a proven experience in Software and/or Hardware, Systems Engineering and IVVQ activities
- You want to update your expertise continuously and design innovative solutions to fit your customers’ needs
- You want to strengthen your expertise in one of the following areas: conception, requirement management, development, test, integration or validation
- You want to solve complex problems and be plunged into a challenging environment
- You are recognised as a team player and enjoy collaborative work
- You have synthetic and helicopter view of the organisation
- You are a mentor willing to share knowledge
- You are resourceful, analytical and structured
- You are open-minded and curious
- You are rigorous and logical
- You are seen as ambitious
- You can quickly understand the system in which you evolve (key stakeholders, interactions, products, and environment)
- You know what a design-to-cost approach means
- You are able to adapt and react to change
- You are familiar with management and engineering tools such as DOORS, Polarion, TFS, JIRA
- You are familiar with Network configuration and administration
- You have experience with leading engineering projects or activities
Life as a thales system engineer
As a System Engineering Role within Thales, you will:
- Analyse and understand customer needs through advanced studies, simulations, mock-ups, models, and prototypes
- Formalise specifications and architecture used to propose the best solution / product to your clients
- Prepare and carry out integration, verification and validation tests
- Define test plans and procedures for system level testing
- Ensure the technical integration and coherence of the system design, interfaces, and performances.
- Design the architecture of the command and control system
- Demonstrate the solution to the customer
Your career at Thales
Future opportunities will allow you to discover other domains or sites. You will be able to evolve and grow your Competencies in different areas:
- Room for and attention to personal development
- Build your talents in another domain of Thales Group, discovering new products, new customers, new country or move to a more complex Solution
- Choose between a technical expert or a leadership path
- Build an international career within a leading Engineering Group
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Thales UK is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process. We will provide reasonable adjustments and support to ensure neuro-diverse applicants or those with a disability or long-term condition can be their best during the recruitment process. To request an adjustment, if you need this job advert in an alternative format or if you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Resourcing Ops for mid to senior roles, or the Early Careers Team for graduate and apprentice roles.
Great journeys start here, apply now!