Machine Learning Engineer Trust and Safety Intern 2021
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
We are now looking for talented individuals to join us in 2021 - people who want to inspire creativity and co-create the future with TikTok. Internships at TikTok aim to provide students the chance to work with our clients and teams to address key business problems and identify areas of growth for the company. With your education and experience, you will be able to take on real-world challenges from day one.
Our Trust and Safety engineering team is responsible for developing state-of-the-art machine learning models and algorithms to protect our platform and users from bad content and abusive behaviours. With the continuous efforts from our trust and safety team, TikTok is able to provide the best user experience and bring joy to everyone in the world.
Within this role, you will:
- Work with our world-class engineers to build industry-leading trust and safety systems for TikTok
- Develop and build up highly-scalable classifiers, tools, models and algorithms leveraging cutting-edge machine learning, computer vision and data mining technologies
- Improve our trust and safety strategy and work on model iterations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to protect TikTok globally
- Available for 12 weeks during Summer 2021
- Currently in your penultimate year pursuing a bachelor's degree (or final year going on to study a masters)
- Studying computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
- Knowledge in at least one of the following areas: machine learning, pattern recognition, NLP, data mining, or computer vision • Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Passion about techniques and solving challenging problems