Graduate Mechanical Engineer Nottingham 2021
At Uniper, we have an engaging and dynamic opportunity for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to gain valuable hands-on experience at the Ratcliffe Power Station, one of the UK's most technically advanced and efficient Coal Power Generators. This is an exciting chance to take the step up into employment and develop both personally and professionally in a challenging but rewarding environment.
What we offer
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits. Our people can also take advantage of our extensive flexible benefits package with discounts on high street vouchers, health and dental care, holidays and more.
How we work
Our people are key to our success. Our core objective is to provide them with a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment that fosters collaboration. This allows our people to take responsibility and make optimal use of their skills. Together, we want to shape the future of energy.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate joining us as a Graduate Engineer will be:
- Part of a dynamic engineering team meeting the technical challenges of maintaining and improving plant performance into this new and dynamic mode of operation, through utilising theoretical knowledge you've gained in your studies with hands-on, practical experience
- Involved in the planning, development and safe execution of a range of works in a large complex industrial environment, across a number of technical areas.
- Working with a diverse, multi skilled, experienced team including Engineers, Managers and Executives.
- Obtaining experience in diverse plant, equipment and process systems on a technically advanced power plant. Steam & gas turbines, combustion and chemical process plant, heat transfer system and large structures being typical examples.
- Utilise and develop a range of additional skills beyond your technical capabilities, including safety, contracts, commercial and project & maintenance management
This, combined with the business exposure you'll be gaining in an international energy company, will be the foundation to your future career.
Who we are seeking
We're looking for people who can bring a flexible, enthusiastic approach, plenty of self-motivation and lots of ambition. We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure you have a strong team of experts around you - people who'll be happy to share their deep understanding with you.
A Graduate Engineer will be
- Enthusiastic, passionate and inquisitive with the dedication to achieve a career in engineering
- Possessing or working towards a strong degree level qualification (your focus could be Mechanical, Aerospace or similar)
- Confident in using IT systems, analysis software and Microsoft packages with good analytical and commercial skills;
- Organised and meticulous in all aspects of work, and able to work to strict deadlines
- Available to begin your graduate opportunity this year (2021)