Compensation Placement 2021
Unity Technologies is seeking a Compensation Intern to provide value-add expertise to drive Unity’s global mission forward. This role is part of the People organisation, and reports to the Senior Compensation Partner. The People organisation empowers employees, strategises with leaders, and builds the businesses to be successful and scalable. The Compensation team strives to innovate and drive results that help ensure Unity continues to pay and reward employees effectively and fairly.
Unity Technologies is a fast-paced company, filled with problem solvers - and the Compensation Intern role is no different. You will support Compensation programs, build partnerships, foster open dialogue, and provide creative solutions to issues in real time.
If you are a great communicator, analytically minded, have an interest in understanding the business of people, and above all - you ask questions and embark to answer them. Think you've got what it takes? Let's chat!
This is an 11 month paid placement starting in summer 2021
What you'll be doing
- Learn international compensation best practice covering base pay, variable pay and stock based incentives across all 19 countries Unity operates in
- Assist with the annual global merit cycle, reviewing the salaries of all 4000 employees
- Conduct market pricing analyses across different functions and countries to ensure internal equity, external competitiveness, and alignment to Unity’s compensation philosophy
- Complete ad-hoc compensation analysis linked to new job creation, current employees, and promotion requests by leveraging external benchmark data and internal peer equity
- Own and deliver 1-2 key projects for the global compensation team
What we're looking for
- You should be currently studying at a degree level and looking for a placement year
- Competent with Excel (vlookups, pivots tables, IF statements)
- Ability to quickly make heads-or-tails of data
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes
- A basic understanding of Human Resources (we’ll teach you the rest)
You might also have
- You are studying a University degree in quantitative fields (e.g., Finance, Economics or Business)
- Hunger to learn all things compensation
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices.