Creative Internship 2021
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email us.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
For sixty years, Island Records has been at the forefront of all the musical moments that mattered. One of the world's great labels, it has become a byword for artistic integrity and innovation, staying true to its long-established independent ethos by signing mavericks and game-changers who have altered the course of music in Britain, Jamaica, America and beyond. And, while times have changed, the attitude, street-cool and striking visuals at the label's creative core have remained the same.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
We are looking for a Creative Intern to join Studio Island, Island Records’ in-house creative division, based both remotely and at our Kings Cross HQ. You are a self-motivated individual who is passionate about making visual things and will report directly to the Marketing & Creative Director. Duties include:
- Practical creative experience such as (but not limited to): videography/filming and editing/photography/animation/design
- Creating artist campaign assets (skillset dependent but you will gain experience from each member of the creative team which includes Creative and Art Directors, Content Creators and Designers)
- Liaising with glam (stylist, hair, make-up teams) and respective agents and adhering to the Universal Rate Card budget framework
- Assisting on photo, video and content shoots when required
- Assisting the creative team with admin support, including: researching, updating contact databases and overseeing creative workflow
- Budgeting in Uniport; including approving quotes, raising POs etc and ensuring suppliers are paid on time
- Creating call sheets and schedules
- Collating and distributing campaign assets – e.g. photos, artwork, presentations
- Taking comprehensive notes in meetings and sharing post meeting in a succinct, timely fashion
- Preparing / printing any documents
- Booking bikes / cabs / couriers
- Ticket ordering for gigs on behalf of the creative team
- Sourcing and ordering any merchandise or special items
- Ordering any POS needed e.g. flyers, stickers, posters
- Liaising with artist managers and key contacts diligently and professionally at all times
- Working closely with marketing teams to ensure creative assets are delivered within an agreed timeframe
- Alongside marketing managers briefing creatives, makers and agencies to co-organise content days and make short-form content like song teasers, visualisers and clips for artist social channels
- Being aware and actively using social media platforms such Instagram / TikTok / YouTube
- Working closely with the audience team to ensure audience insight and strategy is considered when creating artist assets and content
- Updating the Studio Island digital channels regularly
- Managing content delivery from external parties
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.