Digital Partnerships Internship 2022
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The 3rd Party Intern will be a key part of Universal Music’s Central Commercial Division – supporting across both the Digital and Physical team releases, with a range of tasks to ensure the smooth flow of information from UMG’s frontline record labels & 3rd Party labels to key external business partners.
They must be proactive and have excellent attention to detail, as well as being able to prioritise tasks and recognise where a level of expediency is needed. They must have good communication skills both written and verbal. They will be working across many different areas of the business with key stakeholders and should therefore be able to work as part of a team with a can-do attitude.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
Digital Partnerships Support
- Support the 3rd Party Team across all key UK digital streaming partners and regularly liaise with Commercial/Streaming and Marketing teams within both Universal & 3rd Party labels
- Manage and maintain Digital Release Schedules to ensure they are always up to date and accurate, both internally and external partner-facing documents
- Consolidate long term priority schedule for internal use and reference
- Support labels by collating and distributing advanced links for upcoming release marketing
- Collate listening links for unreleased music and share with trusted business partners
- Work with labels on image/asset management for partners
- Run/update data/analytics reports to support ad-hoc partner analysis and regular projects for the Digital Partnerships team
- Attend partner meetings with labels
- Creating updates on current releases for both DSP and Physical partners
- Point of contact for smaller streaming partners, with support from 3rd Party Team
- General admin support to the Digital Partnerships Team on day-to-day activities
Physical Retail Team & Business Support
- Compile and distribute weekly Chart documents
- Compile data on physical album pre-orders and Spotify/Apple pre-save/pre-add numbers for internal reports
- Update and distribute Competitor Schedule on weekly basis.
- Compile an all-label schedule, liaising with labels to gather most up-to-date release information, dates, forecasts, and other information
- Compile partner album performance summaries ahead of labels meetings for reference in each label meeting
- Helping across all admin tasks
- Ad-hoc support across all members of the team
- Computer literate, with skills in all Microsoft Office products (especially important is good level on Excel) & Business Objects or similar
- Proactive, self-motivated individual
- Commercially aware & highly numerate
- Good, proven communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good inter-personal skills, confident dealing with people issues and requesting action
- Methodical individual with excellent organisation and time management skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Desire to learn new technologies, process, applications
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.