Junior Implementation Manager 2021
Unmade is enabling the fashion and sportswear industries to become demand-driven.
Our platform, UnmadeOS, is a SaaS (Software as a Service) solution that transforms how brands sell, make and manage their products. UnmadeOS supports the whole supply chain from intuitive interfaces for consumers with photorealistic previews of a unique design (for example Rapha Custom), to creating ready-to-manufacture outputs that enables factories to make lower volumes affordably.
We support some of the most recognisable fashion, lifestyle, and sportswear brands, such as New Balance and Rapha. Watch this video for more about what we do.
Unmade is a friendly and enthusiastic team, with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds, and we share a belief that the fashion industry is in need of radical change. We are building a dynamic, supportive environment that strives to ensure everyone can do their best work, and have fun doing it!
We are looking for a Junior Implementation Manager to join our Customer Success team and help our customers and their factory partners get the most value from Unmade. You will be working closely with our customers and factories to understand their needs and play a key role in the creation, delivery and support of ‘Agile Products’ on the Unmade platform.
In the next 12 months you will be:
- Learning about Unmade’s software, the products and manufacturing methods it can support, and how to use it
- Working collaboratively with our customers to deliver on their requirements
- Representing the customer internally, sharing the challenges they face, and working cross functionally with Project Management, Product, Design and Engineering to find innovative solutions
- Turning manufacturing templates and photography into Agile Products that can be customised, ordered and manufactured to specification
- Providing support for live products
- Seeking feedback, developing in your role and learning new skills
- Demonstrating the company’s values
In order to be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have an interest in sports and fashion technology
- Have high attention to detail
- Communicate complex requirements clearly
- Effectively manage your time and priorities
- Work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Be comfortable facing challenges and ambiguity
- Be inquisitive and seek to understand how things work
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback
This role is based in the UK. Unmade is a remote-first company and everyone in the Unmade team has the option to work remotely. We'll make sure you've got everything you need to work from home comfortably, AND you will have the option to work at our office in Clerkenwell in London when you wish.
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 p/a
What to expect from the application and interview process
We want to hire the best people, regardless of their background. It’s also really important to us that we hire in a way which is both effective and in alignment with our values. For those reasons, the hiring process for this role is completely CV-less. Instead, we ask all applicants to answer three simple questions which are based on real scenarios that you would be likely to face in the role. Your answers are then separated from your name and double-marked blind by the hiring team.
The benefits of hiring in this way:
- It reduces any unconscious biases we may have, like affinity bias or the halo effect.
- We are able to focus on your skills, instead of trying to connect the dots between your cover letter and CV and the requirements of the role.
- It is proven to be a better predictor of whether you will be successful in the role.
What the process will look like for you:
- Application: Answer three questions relating to scenarios you would be likely to face in the role. We aim to get back to you within 3 weeks.
- Phone call: If you’re among the top-scoring applicants, you’ll be invited to a 25-minute phone call with the hiring manager to screen for basic requirements and to find out more about your expectations.
- Video interview part 1: This will usually be a 50-minute video call with the hiring manager and another team member you would work with closely in the role. It will be focussed on the technical skills needed to be successful in the role, and may include a task. You will always be told what to expect in advance.
- Video interview part 2: The second stage will be another 50-minute video call with two other members of the team, and this time the focus will be on qualities and behaviours that show alignment with our company values:
We are greater than the sum of our parts
We make a positive difference
We strive for a better solution
We embrace change
We assume best intent
What’s it like working at Unmade?
- We are building a product to have a lasting, positive impact on the fashion and sportswear industries, and the planet.
- We care about the work we do, are passionate about doing it and are supportive of everyone to do the same.
- We push for the best, but know that even with the best laid plans things can go wrong. Failure is not a dirty word, and we’re ok sharing when it happens.
- We believe that product development is a team sport. This means it is not only the code, but the people across the company that help us to make it happen.
- We value learning from each other and sharing what we do. We foster a culture of collaboration and learning. No one is unapproachable, and everyone’s voice matters.
Why you’ll love working at Unmade
- Employee share options: All employees have the option to buy shares at a later date, at a discounted price with reduced tax liability.
- 25 days + bank and public holidays. You're encouraged to use them and can buy more days if you need.
- 2 days of paid leave to volunteer for charity each year.
- Equal parental leave: Up to a year off and enhanced pay for maternity, paternity or adoption, no matter your gender or situation.
- Flexible working hours: Organise your own time over the week to help you fit work around life.
- Freedom to choose your tools (hardware and software).
- Personal development: Individual annual budget for courses, events and books to help you learn and grow.
- Regular salary reviews: In line with a salary framework, to ensure equal pay for equal work and that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase.
- Season travel ticket loans.
- Cycle and tech schemes: Schemes to help make staying active and connected more affordable.
- Mental health support: A safe space to talk with monthly mental health coaching from Sanctus.
- Virtual activities to help us stay connected and have fun together. Quarterly team trips and away days when we’re not in a pandemic!
- Knowledge-sharing: Weekly team talks and a culture of learning from each other.
- Transparency: We try to communicate as openly as possible across the team, including monthly AMAs with the leadership team.
- Feedback: We encourage honest feedback and conduct quarterly pulse surveys with the team to better understand how we can improve.
Inclusion & equality
Unmade cares deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an environment of belonging for all. We encourage all our team members to bring their whole selves to work, regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability.