EMEA Renewals Sales English Speaking Intern 2022
The Renewals Channel Intern will be a significant hire to the renewals channel team providing operational “back office” support to the channel facing renewals partner teams.
You will be expected to establish, build and maintain key day to day relationships with the Channel Engagement team, Renewals Channel Director and at times the external field Partner Business Managers (PBMs) sales teams and channel partners. This person would take an active role in the support and delivery execution of the channel team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for pulling data and the building of partners quarterly presentation decks, building bespoke presentations targeted at helping our channel team focus more on external facing partner activity. Subsequently a requirement of strong skills on excel, data extraction and PowerPoint added with a “common sense” approach will be key to the success of this individual.
The ideal candidate will be a high performer and have a consistent record of high achievement, high energy and strong ethic of high work rate. They will be happy to work to tight strict deadlines. Good communicator be able to work on their own initiative as well as following management directive. They will need to be able to be a strong teammate as well as a strong individual contributor.
Success in the Role
What are the performance outcomes over the 12 months you will work towards completing?
- Working using standard PowerPoint VMware templates.
- Responsible for the creation of presentation slide decks for major outbound partner activities.
- Skills and responsibilities include data extraction, manipulation of quarter performance, historical performance, and future opportunity outlook.
- Utilising data extracted from information located in vmstar (SFDC), partner incumbency reports and XSUS bookings.
- Data manipulation using excel and presentation creation using PowerPoint.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- QBR Presentation decks for x26 PFP Partners
- QBR Presentation decks for x 2 EMEA Major distributors
- Monthly executive partner performance dashboards x 3
- Short & Snappy presentation deck
- Monthly creation of the Distribution Forum presentation deck
- Adhoc presentations for internal and partners presentation.
- Engage and align with EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) Renewals Channel Director to provide support to drive up external facing productivity between renewals and the EMEA Channel.
- Work with EMEA Renewals operations create partner performance templates for the use by renewals channel teams.
- Align and work with EMEA renewals inside sales teams, channel resellers and distributors in support of renewals sales.
- From time to engage directly with the reseller, distributor, or Partner business manager to understand fully the partner landscape with the view to improve the relationship and increase the renewals metrics
- Monitor/measure distributor renewal sales execution in conjunction with Core ServiceSource sales team
- Work with marketing to ensure Partner development funds is appropriately allocated and initiatives are tracked.
- Establish a position of being the internal ‘go to person’ for the renewals channel team.
Where is this Role Located?
The location of this role is Staines in the United Kingdom. Work will be done from the home office or one of our office locations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Fluency in English is critical
- Currently studying towards a University Business or Marketing degree preferable
- Strong business, technical and analytical capabilities advantageous
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights:
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly.
Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.