Management Training Scheme 2021
Join our exciting and innovative Management Training Scheme at Wellcome Sanger Institute. Our two-year programme will help you fulfil your ambition for professional progression and future leadership roles. By joining our training scheme, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our vast ambitions for world-leading genomics research. You will gain an invaluable combination of leadership, operational and project management hands-on experience and exceptional networking opportunities to accelerate your career development.
You don’t need to be a Scientist to contribute to science. This scheme is perfect for those who want to pursue a management career while working for an employer who focuses on improving human health. You will work within four different key areas of our Institute to help best develop your skills and understanding. To learn more about the areas and types of projects you could be working on, view the job description at the end of the advert.
Succession is built into the core of the training scheme. Our ambition is to select people with great potential and a passion for what we do. Throughout your time with us, you will have access to a wide variety of campus-run courses, access to a mentoring scheme which you will have access plus you will have regular conversations about your progress and ambitions with your managers and HR.
- Degree (Hons) or relevant experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Communication and Collaboration
- Good communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- Able to build collaborative relationships to achieve results
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to work within and contribute to a team
- Good Customer Facing Skills
- Adjusts and adopts communication styles to be effective in a diverse workplace
- Fast and accurate decision making
- Passion for continuous learning
- Ability to deal with changing priorities
- Apply new approaches and ways of working where appropriate
- Able to demonstrate innovative and creative thinking
- Be open minded and willing to try out new approaches and solutions
- Contribute new ideas and improvements to own area of work and seize opportunities
- Network with peers from other teams/functions to identify innovative ideas
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Take responsibility for tasks, solve problems, meet commitments and close off issues/tasks
- Maintain a high-level of confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Respect diversity and cultural differences and other peoples’ views and opinion
Our Management Training Scheme will start on 13 September 2021.
Please include a CV and cover letter, providing why you are interested in the scheme and examples of how you meet our six behavioural competencies (Communication, Collaboration, Leadership, Innovation, Results Driven and Integrity) outlined in the job description.
Assessment and interviews will take place on the week c/m 5 July 2021
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance is accessible on day 1 for all
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity, parental and adoption leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
In 2020 we were awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.