Assistant Electrical Engineer Salisbury 2024
A truly exciting new opportunity has now become available for a Graduate or Assistant Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering and Sustainable Delivery team.
If you are looking for a role where you can start building your engineering career in electrical design, as well as working towards becoming a chartered engineer, then this will be a great opportunity for you!
What you'll do
As the Graduate or Assistant Electrical Engineer, your role will be to provide electrical and water engineering technical skills and practical knowledge to the design and development of best value, innovative solutions that are safe to build, operate and maintain.
You will work on specific engineering tasks or projects as directed and take responsibility for the technical and administrative aspects of small/medium-sized projects or sections of larger projects. Additional responsibilities will include:
- undertaking option evaluation/assessment for projects within the required timescales and within agreed feasibility budgets
- the identification and assessment of suitable options and development of single least whole life cost sustainable solutions
- the development of preferred solutions through outline design, detailed design and construction support
- ensuring all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
- the preparation of the business case reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission to approval bodies
- working closely with all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
- communicating and quantifying any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
- working in close collaboration throughout the design process, providing any design input and advice where appropriate
- investigating and applying innovative approaches to help the client drive efficiency
- supporting the Project Manager in communicating with the client's customers during the development of the preferred solution.
What you'll need
To be considered for this opportunity, you'll have a B.Eng or M.Eng in Electrical Engineering or another relevant engineering degree. Ideally, you will also be working towards chartered status.
You'll have a general understanding of BS 7671:2018 - IET 18th edition wiring regulations and experience working with feasibility studies, outline and detailed design, as well as an appreciation of the key electrical and mechanical design interfaces. Additionally, you will:
- have experience working closely with contracting partners and client customers (particularly internal delivery teams)
- have experience working to standards, codes and practices
- demonstrate strong communication and report-writing skills
- demonstrate the experience and confidence to integrate a set of stakeholders to deliver project objectives
- demonstrate strong negotiation and influencing skills.
What you'll receive
- Total pension contributions up to 20%.
- Career progression and professional development opportunities.
- 25 days' holiday rising to 28 with length of service.
- The opportunity to buy up to ten days' holiday and sell up to five every year.
- A healthcare package that allows you to claim back healthcare costs.
- Life assurance of up to eight times your salary.
- A new electric car in exchange for part of your gross salary.
- Cashback and discounts from more than 3,000 retailers.
- One paid volunteering day each year.
- Enhanced family leave and pay arrangements.
- An interactive health and wellbeing platform.
- Support from mental health first aiders.
- A £1,000 referral fee if you recommend someone to work for us.
Who we are
We are one of the top-performing water and sewerage companies in England and Wales, serving 2.9 million people across the South West. The work we do goes beyond providing an essential public service. We also aim to have a positive impact on the communities we serve and the natural environment.
Our people tell us Wessex Water is a great place to work, which is why so many of them stay with us! You will have the opportunity to develop and progress your career, while also receiving health and wellbeing support.
We also continue to promote diversity and inclusion – with that in mind, all applicants are welcome. We are delighted to have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a Disability Confident Employer.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us and if you would like to be part of our journey, we would love to hear from you. Please do not hesitate to let us know about any additional support you may need.
Sound interesting? Apply to start your application.