Corporate Risk & Broking Graduate Development Programme Reading 2024
In Corporate Risk & Broking (CRB), we provide a broad range of risk advice and insurance broking services to clients ranging from small businesses to multinational corporations. What does this mean? It means we have a range of roles that help our clients better understand, assess and balance their risk, whether that be reducing risk, transferring (insuring) risk, or developing strategies to mitigate risk.
The CRB Graduate Development Program (GDP) is a two-year rotational program that provides the opportunity to develop a broad knowledge base, varied skills and diverse network.
This role, based in Reading is an exciting opportunity to undertake a 2-year rotation within the GB Retail Practice – the gateway to One WTW. You will see the whole of WTW and how we bring value to clients, with six four-month rotations covering the following areas:
- Broking / Market Interaction/ Strategy
- Client Servicing/ Interaction/ Strategy
- Claims Advocacy
- Risk Management
- Business Development / Sales
Is this program right for you?
- Based in Reading, with travel to London for relevant training / events
- A premier program supported by senior leadership and designed to identify and develop participants into roles best suited for their unique skillset
- Ongoing learning and development (initial induction program and a wider development program focused on professional and business specific learning activities) alongside a dedicated program support team helping you to navigate opportunities
- Placement into post program roles that focus on continued career development
- Impressive city centre office locations with an agile working environment to allow for flexible working schedules and collaboration across teams globally
- Opportunities to work alongside senior business leaders supporting the development and implementation of new strategies and products
Follow us on social media for colleague testimonials.
Are you the right fit for the program?
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, which is why we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment enriched by our people, our clients and the communities in which we work. We create a culture of engagement and respect by demonstrating inclusive behaviours throughout our inclusion networks. We encourage and welcome applications from any degree discipline/ major and all universities/colleges.
If you have an appetite to learn and succeed, an ability to build technical knowledge, with a passion for building and maintaining relationships… start your career at WTW!
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2.1 or higher (UK); or international equivalent
- All degrees and universities considered
The application process
- Stage 1: Online application, including CV
- Stage 2: Invitation to complete online assessment and a video interview – in partnership with the Bright Network, we have created an academy module on ‘How to Ace your Video Interview’. Click here to sign up and watch it!
- Stage 3: Virtual Assessment centre – this is an opportunity for you to meet with members of the team and for the team to understand your strengths, preferences and motivations. The assessment will take place virtually, and there will be an opportunity for you to ask questions.
- Stage 4: Offer and on-boarding
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be the beginning of September 2024.
Why work at WTW?
WTW offers a variety of benefits to support your physical, emotional and financial wellbeing, as well as help you develop in your career, and balance your life inside and outside of work. Among other things, these include WTW Work Flex, shared parental leave, a range of Learning & Development (L&D) opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package (which includes Private Medical Insurance and Life Insurance).
WTW Work Flex
At WTW, we see things differently. We understand flexibility is key to supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce and so we have a variety of different working arrangements which we call “WTW Work Flex”. We encourage colleagues and candidates to make requests for the types of flexible working arrangements that suit them. Visit our career site for more information: https://careers.wtwco.com/wtw-work-flex/
WTW specializes in preparing for the unknown. Here’s how to get ready for the big day: https://careers.wtwco.com/hints-and-tips/
WTW is an equal opportunity employer
WTW believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organisation, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at WTW.