Talent Consulting Graduate Programme 2021
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential.
The greatest asset of most organisations is their people. In an era of rapidly-developing technology, greater workforce mobility and increasing customer demands, having a cohesive human capital strategy is crucial for business success.
In Talent & Rewards, we help clients deliver strong business results by ensuring that they have the right people in the right places, doing the right things, at the right cost. Through a combination of advice, data and software, we deliver solutions that help organisations improve their business performance through their people.
We know that high-performing business cultivate and grow talent, carefully balancing costs and rewards. From employee engagement to change management, we take a rounded perspective, based on leading-edge thinking, data, analytics and software, unearthing new ways to attract, engage and retain talent.
Our human capital clients are varied – we advise organisations across all industries, from financial services to retail, telecommunications and energy. In the UK, we advise many of the world’s leading and largest companies and often interact with our offices around the world to provide a truly global service offering. We provide invaluable advice to companies at some of the most exciting and critical moments in their lifecycle, at times when employee engagement and retention is crucial – from mergers and acquisitions to listing on the stock market.
Graduates on our Talent Consulting Graduate Programme have the opportunity to work in one or more of the two key teams in our Talent line of business: Communication & Change Management and Talent Management & Organisational Alignment. You will have the opportunity to state your preference as part of the application process.
Our Talent Management consultants work with clients to ensure that the organisation has a robust pipeline of future leaders and people with critical skills and experience to drive business success. We design and implement programmes like competency models to ensure people have the right skills for their roles, as well as career development programmes, performance management processes and workforce analytics and planning.
Our Communication and Change Management team provides expertise to clients in change management, organisational effectiveness and communication to drive employee engagement and help align behaviour with business results. We use marketing techniques to support long-lasting behaviour change and transformation.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Opening Date: October 2020
Closing Date: January 2021
As a Talent graduate, you will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects, serving as a key resource for the consultant in charge of each of your engagements. You will be encouraged to develop as broad an understanding of our client solutions as possible by supporting across multiple, complex projects. You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments, which will draw on your imagination and creativity, as well as your ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry experience while you benefit from more structured learning interventions.
As you grow and gain more expertise, you will become a key contact for the client and gradually begin to take responsibility for deliverables and client relationships across a range of sectors and geographies. You will work alongside some of the industry’s top consultants on cross-industry client projects including many household names: FTSE 100 and 250 clients, privately-held companies and public service organisations.
Typical work for a Talent Analyst might include:
- Supporting total rewards and benefit engagement campaigns, including writing the content and developing ideas for the brand.
- Conducting a review of talent management processes and programmes, including succession planning, to create a culture that attracts, motivates and retains the right talent.
- Developing pension communication strategies and materials designed to grab attention, build employee engagement and drive behaviour change.
- Planning key change management activities and milestones for major projects, including organisational restructuring and HR transformation.
- Articulating the knowledge, skills and behaviours required by our clients’ employees to perform successfully and develop their careers.
- Supporting to develop annual engagement surveys, used for workforce analytics and planning.
- Identifying opportunities with clients to support them with employee experience and workplace wellness projects, including both financial wellness, mental wellness and physical wellness.
- Supporting on career architecture projects, including uncovering the capabilities required for leadership and manager effectiveness.
- Using technology to advance listening strategies, including running virtual focus groups to gain insight from a large group of employees, analysing the output and using conclusions to inform future approach.
- You are required to have good problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as excellent communication skills, as you will be interacting with clients from the beginning.
Qualifications and Training
We have a focussed 12-month training programme for graduates joining Talent & Rewards, which is called LEAP. LEAP is designed to give you an insight into our business, and help you develop the consulting, practical and technical skills you need to succeed at Willis Towers Watson.
We continue to invest in our people and you will have regular opportunities for training throughout your career with us – both on the job and through more formal classroom sessions. Consultants are not required to have a particular qualification; therefore the wide variety of external qualifications we do support are determined by the needs of the business and the individual’s interests.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be early September 2021.