Junior Operational Risk Associate 2021
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
Following the launch of Zopa Bank earlier this year, we are looking for an Operational Risk Associate to join our 1st Line team to support our product and 3rd party stakeholders to understand and manage their operational risks.
We are looking for someone with experience in an operational, process management or vendor management role, ready to take the next step in their risk management career.
A day in the life
- Support in the management of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process across Zopa’s product teams
- Suggesting recommendations where control failures or weaknesses are identified to ensure risks are mitigated
- Manage the monthly reporting of controls, conduct and 3rd party risk MI
- Run Risk Management meetings with product teams
- Undertake 1st Line testing of controls, reviewing design and operating effectiveness
- Support product teams in management of Risk Events, carry out Root Cause Analysis
- Assist with 2nd Line Reviews, internal and external audits as required, coordinating the completion of actions
- Oversee the management of key 3rd party suppliers and intermediaries in line with company policies
- Perform and co-ordinate onboarding due diligence for new suppliers and intermediaries, and regular due diligence for existing suppliers
- Complete deep dive reviews or projects to help Zopa teams understand and manage their operational risks
- Build and maintain relationships with other 1st and 2nd Line risk staff across the business
- Stay on top of key regulations and requirements in the product areas
- You’ll have previously worked in personal consumer finance or a regulated environment
- You’ll have a basic understanding of risk and controls
- Attention to detail with awareness of the overarching goal
- You’ll have a methodical and logical approach
- Great at building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to drill down into detail and identify root cause of errors and risk events
- Multi-tasker who can adapt to changing priorities
- Analytical and a great communicator
Bonus points for
- 3rd party risk management experience
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
- Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
- Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
- Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
- Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
- Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.