Diversity & Inclusion 2018By Bright Network
Meet the best firms and gain the insights you need to get ahead in your career - at Bright Network, we design events to help you get the support you need to carve out a successful career.
This March, we're looking for 200 of our brightest members to join us in central London for an exclusive event designed to build your network and feel empowered on your journey to a fulfilled career.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Event
After a huge success last year, Diversity and Inclusion 2018 will be bigger and brighter. Watch the highlights from last year to get a taste of Bright Network events in action.
The selected attendees will benefit from:
- Building your CV - Find out how you can match your skills & degree to your ideal career. Hear from the experts, as they give you the advice you need to stand out from the crowd
- Getting ahead - our skills sessions are designed to help you unleash your leadership potential and flourish in every step of the application process
- Hearing from inspirational and diverse leaders - Discover how successful leaders have flourished in various industries, regardless of their background, and get the insights you need to carve your own career success
- Build your network - Make vital connections which will help you throughout your career. This event gives you the chance to meet some of the best people from the world’s best firms - they're looking for the brightest students just like you.
- Recognition of your achievements - Win one of only five awards on the day, sponsored by one of the attending firms. This will look great on your CV.
Accenture, AIG, Alfa Systems, AMEX, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Bank of England, BP, Capital One, Deutsche Bank, EY, FirstGroup, Insight Investment, London Stock Exchange, Man Group, M&S, Osbourne Clark, Pinsent Masons, P&G, Slaughter and May, S&P Global, Teach First, Unlocked
- Date: Wednesday 28th March (10:00am – 5:30pm)
- Venue: etc.venues - St. Paul's, 200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD
- Dress code: Business Smart
- Eligibility: This event is designed for Bright Network members to have the opportunity to fulfil their potential, regardless of their family background, ethnicity, sexuality or gender.
- 10.00 - 10.30: Student Arrival & Registration
- 10.30 - 11.00: Welcome & Premier Sponsor Keynote Speech
- 11.00 - 11.30: BN Alumni Success Stories
- 11.30 - 12:15: Networking
- 12.15 - 13.15: Skills Sessions (e.g. Interview Skills, Assessment Centre Success, Personal Branding)
- 13.15 - 14.00: Lunch
- 14.00 - 15:00: Networking
- 15.00 - 16.00: Skills Sessions
- 16.00 - 17:00: Panel Session: ‘Why Diversity Matters’
- 17.00 - 17.15: Tea & Coffee Break
- 17.15 - 17.30: Awards Ceremony & Wrap-Up
This is your chance to impress leading employers, be inspired by industry leaders and discover the broad range of careers open to a bright student like you. To apply, click the orange below.
- What will I need to get into the event? If your place has been accepted at the event, we’ll send you a ticket. You’ll need to show this ticket to us on the day in either paper copy or download it electronically on your phone before the event.
- What should I bring? Bring a pen and a bottle of water and you’ll be set for an excellent day ahead. We will be giving you lunch and refreshments.
- How should I prepare for the event? All firms will be receiving details of everyone who attends, so this is a real opportunity to be headhunted, this really will be your time to shine! Research the firms, make sure you prepare to network, get up to speed on a selection of industry sectors, swot up on your commercial awareness and remember to ask any questions that might come up in your research. It will be a great early opportunity for you to get ahead in your career – whether you’re currently looking to secure an internship or a graduate role.
- What is the dress code for the event? The dress code is business smart.
- Is there a charge for the event? No, the event is completely free of charge.
- What is the nearest tube station? St. Paul's or Barbican are a short walk away. You can plan your journey using the TFL Journey Planner.
- Are travel expenses covered for this event? Yes, we will be covering travel expenses up to the amount of £20. Please contact us after the event to find out how to claim for these. Remember to keep all receipts of travel, travel can only be reimbursed with all receipts.
- Can I still win an award if I’m unable to attend the event? In order to win an award, you must be accepted to the event and be present during the awards ceremony on the day.
- I can no longer make it. Who should I tell? Please email us to let us know if you can no longer attend ASAP so we can offer your place to someone else. Failure to inform us could result in becoming ineligible for future Bright Network events.
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.