Women in TECBy Bright Network
Meet the best firms and gain the insights you need to get ahead in your career - at Bright Network, we design events to help you get the support you need to carve out a successful career.
This February, we're looking for just 150 of our brightest female members studying STEM or interested in Consulting to join us in central London for an exclusive event designed to build your network and feel empowered on your journey to a fulfilled career.
Our Women in Technology, Engineering and Consulting Event
After a huge success in September with Women in TEC, we are hosting a female, STEM-focussed event. Watch the highlights from September to get a taste of Bright Network events in action.
The selected attendees will benefit from:
- Build your CV - Find out how you can match your skills & degree to your ideal career. Hear from the experts, as they give you crucial advice to help you stand out from the crowd
- Hear from inspirational women & ask your questions - Discover how successful women have flourished in these traditionally male dominated industries and get the insights you need to carve your own career success
- Build your network - Make vital connections which will help you throughout your career. This event gives you the chance to meet some of the best people from the world’s best firms - they're looking for the brightest students just like you.
- Date: Wednesday 7th February (12:30pm – 18:00pm)
- Venue: Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) London, 2 Savoy Pl, London, WC2R 0BL
- Dress code: Business Smart
- 12.30 - 13.00: Student Arrival & Registration
- 13.00 - 13.30: Welcome & Premier Sponsor, EY, Keynote Speech
- 13.30 - 14.00: Skills Session by Premier Sponsor, EY
- 14.00 - 15:00: Panel Session 1
- 15.30 - 16.00: Networking
- 16.00 - 17.00: Panel Session 2
- 17.00 - 18:00: Networking + Drinks and Nibbles
This is your chance to impress leading employers, be inspired by industry leaders and discover the broad range of careers open to a bright student like you. To apply, click the orange below.
- What will I need to get into the event? If your place has been accepted at the event, we’ll send you a ticket. You’ll need to show this ticket to us on the day in either paper copy or download it electronically on your phone before the event.
- What should I bring? Bring a pen and a bottle of water and you’ll be set for an excellent day ahead. We will be giving you refreshments.
- How should I prepare for the event? All firms will be receiving details of everyone who attends, so this is a real opportunity to be headhunted, this really will be your time to shine! Research the firms, make sure you prepare to network, get up to speed on a selection of industry sectors, swot up on your commercial awareness and remember to ask any questions that might come up in your research. It will be a great early opportunity for you to get ahead in your career – whether you’re currently looking to secure an internship or a graduate role.
- What is the dress code for the event? The dress code is business smart.
- Is there a charge for the event? No, the event is completely free of charge.
- What is the nearest tube station? Embankment, Charing Cross and Temple are a short walk away. You can plan your journey using the TFL Journey Planner.
- Are travel expenses covered for this event? The event is completely free to attend. Unfortunately, we cannot provide travel reimbursement.
- I can no longer make it. Who should I tell? Please email us to let us know if you can no longer attend ASAP so we can offer your place to someone else. Failure to inform us could result in becoming ineligible for future Bright Network events.
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.