Operational Graduate Programme 2022
The Alfred H Knight Operational Graduate Programme is the perfect start for a graduate looking to develop their skills and build a long term career with a Company at the forefront of the TIC (Testing, Inspection, Certification) industry, operating within the metals, minerals and solid fuel sectors.
Initially based in our UK Global Headquarters in the North West of England, the role will involve a nine month development programme. During which time you will spend time learning about AHK, working within, and gaining an understanding of our Global Operations. You may also experience travel to a variety of our overseas entities, depending on your role. This experience, coupled with your drive, will open up further opportunities in the Group. Other candidates that have followed a similar programme have taken up technical, operational and management roles both in the UK and overseas.
Alfred H Knight is an independent provider of inspection and testing services. Established in 1881, AHK operates in more than 40 countries with a well-earned reputation for providing reliable, professional services.
We provide specialist services for a wide range of commodities, including base and minor metals, steel raw materials, ferro alloys, precious metals, platinum group metals, industrial minerals, solid fuels and fertilisers. Our clients include miners, smelters, refineries, traders, financial institutions and government bodies.
We maintain rigorous quality standards to ensure that our operations provide the highest level of services to our clients. We achieve this through compliance with industry standards, our in-house Quality Control Department and regulations for laboratory, inspection and quality management, including ISO: IEC 17025, 17020 and 9001.
Our people are our finest asset and as a truly global company, we value diversity, and respect people from all backgrounds.
Do you have what it takes?
To be successful at Alfred H Knight, you will need to display the following:
Required personal qualities
- Independence: the ability to take initiative, lead projects and be proactive in prioritising a dynamic and diverse workload.
- Interpersonal: confidence in forming effective working relationships with a diverse range of people, including working inclusively and as part of a team.
- Communication: effective oral and written communication of ideas with an excellent command of English. You will be working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Adaptability: the ability to multitask and respond effectively to change.
- Analytical: the ability to draw accurate and informative conclusions from detailed research without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Ambition: Must have ambitions to have a career in a Technical or Operational Environment.
- Willingness: A growth mindset, willing to learn, co-operative and enabling attitude towards training and personal development.
Required educational background
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree in a Science background (Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Geology, Metallurgy)
Previous work experience
- Previous internship or initial professional work experience in a commercial environment is desirable but not essential.
- Fluent in English, plus 1 other language (e.g. Spanish, Mandarin, Russian, Japanese, French)
- Travel as required, both domestically and internationally.
- Must have a valid passport and ability to obtain visas when necessary.
What are the benefits?
We are offering an excellent opportunity with a salary and benefits package to match. This includes company pension contribution, life assurance policy and an employee assistance programme.
When travel is required, the Company will ensure that any costs associated with transfers, flights, accommodation and visa/legal requirements will be covered. The Company is also partnered with a leading medical and travel security services company to support employee travel risk management.
Any further benefits in relation to the Graduate Programme will be explained upon commencement of the role.