Risk Graduate Motherwell 2022
An excellent development opportunity for a junior risk professional to join an established Risk team in their journey in embedding and continuously improving the application of the ERM framework, with exposure across various levels of the organisation and involvement in project/business operational risk, process development and stakeholder engagement.
This role entails supporting the Head of Risk Management and (Senior) Risk Manager in the continued application and implementation the company Risk Management policy, objectives and expectations, via application of the ERM Framework.
What you'll be doing
- Support the team in developing, maintaining and cascading effective Enterprise Risk Management standards and processes throughout the organisation.
- Support and help coordinate the iterative development and maintenance of the ERM system alongside IT to meet business needs
- Maintain and improve tools and processes supporting the delivery of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Development and targeted delivery of Risk Management training to upskill the business
Facilitation of Tender, Project and BU risk workshops as required.
Ensure a consistent approach to risk across Balfour Beatty, by engaging with:
- Risk, Audit & Quality team,
- SBU, BU and DU, Project and Enabling Functions teams
- Internal IT Developers.
- Internal Audit and Operational Audit teams to
Involvement with other functions as required
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Degree level qualified
- An understanding of risk and control processes and their application
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individual delivery of specific deliverables, achieving solutions sometimes under time pressures
- Team-player, willing to contribute to the development of the function
- Attention to detail and ability to see tasks through to completion
- Strong communication skills
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Qualifications in Risk and Opportunity Management.
- Knowledge of the principles contained in ISO 31000, COSO and other risk processes and frameworks