As part of a Beazley’s IT Development team, participate in the delivery of development, guidance, and support across a portfolio of demand streams, while championing the strategic objectives and the philosophy of the global IT team. Develop solid technical and communication skills, while assisting in the delivery of high-quality software development services to the business. Be involved in all stages of the software delivery cycle – including security, testing and deployment (by helping to nurture a DevOps culture across the teams with which they are engaged).
- Participating in technical delivery across the front and back office
- Providing high quality 2nd and 3rd line technical support as required
- Working in alignment with Beazley’s architectural principles
- Ensuring that all development follow Beazley’s central development guidelines and philosophy
- Participate in and gain exposure to the entire development lifecycle
- Fostering a spirit of continuous improvement within the IT Development team
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Talent Management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree-level education or equivalent commercial experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Ambition to develop deep technical skills and gain extensive delivery experience primarily within the Microsoft data/development stack and common associated tooling in a corporate development context
- Enthusiasm to gain experience in a range of delivery methodologies and agile techniques
- At least three years commercial experience with the Microsoft development stack
- Experience of Event Sourcing / CQRS patterns beneficial
- Understanding of Asynchronous systems / Eventual Consistency / Message Buses
- SOA / Micro-service approaches
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Experience in TDD, BDD, continuous integration, and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and oral
Aptitude and Disposition:
- Reliable – do what you say you will do, be a person that others can depend on & don’t let the team down
- Enthusiastic – we want people who are passionate about their work & always show a ‘can do’ attitude
- Communicator – work as a team and share ideas, risks & issues in a constructive and professional manner; ensure that decisions are auditable & clear
- Respectful – consider other people’s opinions, engage in constructive conversation and show unshakeable professionalism
By joining Beazley’s technology team, you’ll be part of an international group striving to drive strategy, experiment and actively contribute towards Beazley’s success. We believe the future success of Beazley depends on what we do. We each have specialist skills but we also have a desire to broaden our horizons and try things that are outside of our normal day job and discipline. It excites us that what we are doing today may very well not be the same as what we are doing a year from now.
As well as a substantial and competitive benefits offering, Beazley also offers our employees the flexibility to choose both where and when you work, trusting and empowering you to find the way that works for you, your clients, your team and the wider business. As well as our Beazley-wide inclusion & diversity initiatives, our technology team is a proud signatory of the TechTalent Charter with the ultimate goal of the tech sector becoming truly inclusive and representative of the society that it represents.
At Beazley IT we focus on our “Future Selves”. These competencies & capabilities include:
- Business Acumen
- Adaptable yet Challenging
- Stakeholder Partnership
- Engineering Mind-set
- Data Driven