Junior Business Analyst
Beyond Retail is an award-winning multi-website online retailer offering bathroom, kitchen and heating products to retail and trade customers. Over 8 million people visit our websites each year, benefiting from keen pricing, design-led products, top class service and continuous investment in technology.
Our mission is to help people create homes that they can be proud of, and do so by giving our employees the freedom, opportunities and tools to learn and improve every day. We’re only 10 years old, but in a short space of time we’ve grown very rapidly, with over 160 people (and several dogs…) on board – and we’re still growing.
As a member of the Transformation Team, you will be right at the centre of our biggest challenges and opportunities. Our purpose is to forge best-in-class experiences for our customers and meaningful changes for teams. We put the building blocks into place to support sustainable growth. We are not about hype or buzzwords. We’re about the little and big improvements and everything in between.
We have an integrated approach to people, processes and technology but no challenge is ever the same. We work with multiple teams, are always learning new skills and rethinking how we do things while keeping our culture & values at the forefront of our minds and people’s happiness at the heart of everything we do.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with other members of the Transformation Team to improve processes and systems across the business.
- Communicating with departments across the business to understand their needs
- Mapping out departmental workflows to gain a better understanding of their processes
- Creating suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes
- Supporting teams in actioning recommended changes, including training and helping to resolve any issues
- Working with Google Sheets (experience with spreadsheets is preferred, but we also provide training to really hone and improve your skills)
We are looking for someone who is:
- Analytical but a creative problem-solver
- Willing to speak up and share ideas
- A logical thinker with top-class investigative skills
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability and willingness to learn
- A team player who understands how their decisions can impact others.
- A go-getter with a positive outlook and a strong ‘can-do’ attitude.
Work is not a place, it’s what you do…
At Beyond Retail, we believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. Our employees can choose to work flexibly either from home or in our office.
To demonstrate our commitment to this, we have a fantastic Home Working Support Scheme! We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- A one-off allowance for you to set up your home office
- A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc).
Our wonderfully refurbished HQ is located near Bournemouth Airport, with plenty of free parking. We also have some office dogs who reside with us, a brand new gym which is free for all employees to use, free healthy snacks and fruit, and most importantly free tea and proper coffee! We also operate an informal dress code and have regular team socials. We think it’s a great place to work!
Everything we do is shaped by our ten business values. These inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and each other, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not about who you are or how loud you shout, but about the impact you make and what you do. We encourage doing rather than dreaming – if you have an idea, speak up and we will listen! Everyone’s opinion matters and any suggestions are welcomed.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.