Data Services Graduate 2021
At Dyson we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our IT team’s aim is to create robust architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and to continue to grow our world-class team. Join us as a graduate and you’ll play an integral role in enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
About the role
As a Data Services Graduate, you’ll be part of the Global Data and Analytics team, tasked with ensuring that the various parts of Dyson's business are able to leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to generate insights and make better decisions.
As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data will greatly increase. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences to product development will be key to Dyson's success.
Over the course of this two-year programme, you’ll develop your expertise across a series of placements. Depending on your skillset and aspirations, you could spend time in the following teams:
- Data Science
- Data Engineering
- Data Architecture
- Enterprise Analytics
- Data Product Management
Being comfortable working with data is important but you will also be required to liaise with various parts of the business in order to provide data solutions to teams, meaning that your ability to collaborate and communicate with a range of people is key. You will be passionate about the use of data in order to help the business work towards its aims.
In addition, you’ll be supported with a development framework designed to provide the technical and commercial know-how to help you drive your Dyson career.
You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start, so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- Be studying towards a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, IT, Mathematics/Data or Social Sciences related discipline
- Able to start in September 2021
- Demonstrate your ability to solve problems with an analytical and logical approach
- Be able to evidence your passion for delivering projects, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- Familiarity with SQL, Python and Spark would be advantageous
- Be able to thrive in Dyson's fast-paced environment
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
Please note that you should only apply to one graduate position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other graduate roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus and joining bonus
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.