Project Management Placement 2021
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do
Dyson’s Project Managers play a critical role in delivering Dyson’s future technology. Coordinating and communicating across all disciplines of design, procurement, manufacturing, commercial and marketing. They ensure the effective and timely delivery of projects, against defined boundaries of time, specification and cost.
About the role
At our UK Technology Campus, we have a 12-month placement opportunity starting in September of 2021, for penultimate year students who are eager for role which bridges engineering and business.
During this 12-month placement you’ll be working on reputation-defining projects from day one as part of a global team of Project & Programme Managers. You’ll play a critical role in the development of new Dyson technology ensuring deliverables are met in a timely manner.
This is a broad and varied role, meaning no two days are the same. As a Project Management Intern, you will be given real project responsibility including:
- Working with the cross functional teams to deliver to the project requirements.
- Managing risks and issues and getting these resolved without impacting the project.
- Communicating project status cross-functionally to ensure effective and timely input.
- Utilising established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver solutions.
- Governance and organisation of project related information.
- Taking an active, hands-on role to understand how engineering problems are resolved thoroughly and helping to support that resolution
For the duration of your internship or placement, you will have regular performance conversations as well as opportunities for development to enable you to build your reputation within the team, and this could be just the start. We’ll be looking to offer our high performing interns to return on our graduate programme.
Our internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for a 2:1 or above in any degree discipline graduating in 2023, with an active interest in managing projects. This could be demonstrated through your modules or extra—curricular activities.
- Able to show outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the confidence to negotiate with and influence a range of stakeholders across the business, from engineers to marketers.
- Able to demonstrate how you manage your time effectively and multi-task so experience of a high-pressure, competitive environment would be beneficial.
We like people who show some get-up-and-go and passion for what they do. We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus and joining bonus
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance