Client Coverage Graduate – UAE
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
About CCIB Client Coverage
Our Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking Client Coverage (CCIB Client Coverage) team lead the management and development of our Client Relationships globally. The Client Coverage teams work together with our product partners to deliver solutions for our clients. These solutions can cover a wide range of products and services from trade finance to credit derivatives to mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
Our clients include large corporations, governments, banks and investors headquartered, operating or investing in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our commercial banking clients represent a large and important portion of the economies we serve and are potential future multinational corporates. Our strong and deep local presence across these markets enables us to facilitate trade, capital and investment flows, in and for our footprint, including across China’s Belt and Road initiative.
A key theme that is increasingly driving our business globally is decarbonisation and energy transition. Our team are taking a leading role in this area, and we’re working with many of our key clients on their transition plans. We’ve allocated $300bn between now and 2030 to support this crucial area.
What does this mean for you? If you’re interested in a banking career, with exciting career opportunities, and want to work with some of the most influential local and global corporates in your geographies, this is the team to get into. You’ll get the opportunity to work with lots of different teams within the CCIB business function and more broadly across the bank. Our Client Coverage team are an essential component of our customer experience, guiding clients through our products and solutions and they work closely with our relationship managers, internal specialist teams and stakeholders throughout. If you really want to become a corporate banker this is the platform to launch your career from.
About our International Graduate Programme
Our programme provides a comprehensive grounding in corporate and commercial banking. You’ll work directly with a diverse range of business and corporate customers alongside Corporate, Financial Institutions and Commercial Bankers. You’ll be able to explore how your skills can adapt to different areas of our business, while developing new skills to help kick-start your career in CCIB.
What you’ll do over 18 months
- International & local induction which include classroom sessions, case studies, and tailored technical training split by business functions
- 12-18 months of 4-6 business rotations
- Networking and social events to meet people throughout the bank
Responsibilities may include
- Providing direct support to senior bankers on new business origination activities in partnership with key stakeholders (risk, product teams)
- Conducting client research, creating pitchbooks, researching industry trends
- Client analysis reporting and client meeting documentation
Your career progression
We always invest in our junior talent – that’s why all graduates participating in the program will have the opportunity to deploy into a permanent role within our CCIB Client Coverage team following rotation completion. Areas include:
- Credit Analysis
- Relationship Management
- Client Management
We’re interested in people with diverse backgrounds and encourage students from all degree disciplines to apply to our programmes.
For our International Graduate Programme, you must
- Be in your final year of study for a university degree or higher, or have graduated in the last two years, and
- Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to.
- For the UAE, we accept applications from Arab Nationals requiring visa sponsorship, but priority will be given to nationals of the country.
- For graduate roles in US, we will not consider applications from candidates seeking Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Curricular Practical Training (CPT) employment.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our website. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
We welcome conversations on flexible working.