Rewards Consulting Graduate Programme 2021
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential.
The greatest asset of most organisations is their people. In an era of rapidly-developing technology, greater workforce mobility and increasing customer demands, having a cohesive human capital strategy is crucial for business success.
In Talent & Rewards, we help clients deliver strong business results by ensuring that they have the right people in the right places, doing the right things, at the right cost. Through a combination of advice, data and software, we deliver solutions that help organisations improve their business performance through their people.
We know that high-performing businesses cultivate and grow talent, carefully balancing costs and rewards. From job architecture to executive compensation, we take a rounded perspective, based on leading-edge thinking, data, analytics and software, unearthing new ways to attract, engage and retain talent.
Our human capital clients are varied – we advise organisations across all industries, from financial services to retail, telecommunications and energy. In the UK, we advise many of the world’s leading and largest companies and often interact with our offices around the world to provide a truly global service offering. We provide invaluable advice to companies at some of the most exciting and critical moments in their lifecycle, at times when employee engagement and retention is crucial – from mergers and acquisitions to listing on the stock market.
Graduates on our Reward Consulting Graduate Programme have the opportunity to work in one or more of the two key teams in our Reward line of business: Executive Compensation and Reward (practice). You will have the opportunity to state your preference as part of the application process.
- In our Executive Compensation practice, our consultants work with boards of directors, compensation committees and management to get all elements of executive pay right.
- Our Reward (practice) consultants provide strategy, design and delivery support to help our clients reward their people appropriately and fairly, enabling organisations to attract, retain, motivate, and engage employees efficiently and cost-effectively.
If you are interested in this position, you may also want to consider the Global Financial Services Consulting Graduate Programme. Our Global Financial Services practice – which also sits within our Reward line of business – focuses on providing compensation and reward expertise, world-class compensation studies, data analytics and integrated solutions to premier financial services firms, ranging from all the major universal banks to niche financial services firms.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Opening Date: October 2020
Closing Date: January 2021
As a Reward graduate, you will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects, serving as a key resource for the consultant in charge of each of your engagements. You will be encouraged to develop as broad an understanding of our client solutions as possible by supporting across multiple, complex projects. You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments, which will draw on your imagination and creativity, as well as your ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry experience while you benefit from more structured learning interventions.
As you grow and gain more expertise, you will become a key contact for the client and gradually begin to take responsibility for deliverables and client relationships across a range of sectors and geographies. You will work alongside some of the industry’s top consultants on cross-industry client projects, including many household names: FTSE 100 and 250 clients, privately-held companies and public service organisations.
Typical work for a Reward Analyst might include:
- Conducting reviews of executive pay design to ensure they are competitive and support drivers of attraction, retention and engagement.
- Developing pay philosophy, salary structure design, pay ranges and pay-for-performance analysis.
- Global grade levelling (utilising our propriety methodology), an analytical process that determines the relative value of roles in an organisation, providing the absolute foundations for reward and talent management processes.
- Providing Remuneration Committee Support, advising on executive compensation strategy.
- Assisting clients with Directors’ Remuneration Report drafting.
- Running compensation risk assessments utilising our industry-leading compensation software tools.
- Designing and implementing career frameworks, developing job families and role profiles.
- Designing, modelling and implementing high-impact sales incentive programmes, clarifying sales processes, roles and sales organisational design.
- Working with companies to understand and qualify their compensation strategy using data analytics, regulatory research and financial trends.
- Supporting clients with corporate governance, regulatory reviews and trends updates.
- Providing clients with market benchmarking on a number of pay elements including base pay, executive benefits, short and long-term incentive plans and total reward, using a variety of sources such as disclosed data and survey data.
You are required to have good problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as excellent communication skills, as you will be interacting with clients from the beginning.
Qualifications and Training
We have a focussed 12-month training programme for graduates joining Talent & Rewards, which is called LEAP. LEAP is designed to give you an insight into our business, and help you develop the consulting, practical and technical skills you need to succeed at Willis Towers Watson.
We continue to invest in our people and you will have regular opportunities for training throughout your career with us – both on the job and through more formal classroom sessions. Consultants are not required to have a particular qualification; therefore the wide variety of external qualifications we do support are determined by the needs of the business and the individual’s interests.
• Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
Equal Opportunity Employer
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be early September 2021.