Ogilvy Junior Data Analyst 2021
At Ogilvy we make brands matter. We make them matter for years, for quarters and for right now. Some marketeers and commentators believe brands no longer matter in the era of channel fragmentation, micro-targeting, technology, and perfect data. But we believe that brands have never mattered more as beacons of trust and identity for consumers. We are a team of brilliant, creative problem-solvers who believe there's nothing we can't achieve together, for our clients and for each other.
Sitting in the Social & Content capability, this individual will have the opportunity to work within the Data & Insights team that powers Ogilvy's social offering across strategy, creative, media and execution; leveraging data to elevate both our offerings, and those of our clients.
Our portfolio of clients include a range of national and international household names, eager to lift their social presence and marketing capabilities to new levels.
As an Analyst you will be working for some of the biggest global brands, focusing on reporting, research, and insights. You will take an active role in delivering data-led solutions and executing research and reporting deliverables. You will be comfortable analysing and deriving insights from both public and client-owned data, using a range of tools and technologies to deliver effective, efficient, and actionable insights.
The right candidate will have a strong understanding of the social ecosystem, including how Social Media platforms work (for example Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest and TikTok), what data, tools and research methodologies are available, and how to understand, measure and improve the performance of social activity based on relevant and actionable KPIs.
The Social Insights team relies on creative problem solving, agility, and adaptability to effectively manage client briefings, internal requirements, and delivery deadlines, so the right individual will have a adaptable and eager-to-learn mindset, a high level of data accuracy and attention to detail, and be capable of effectively analysing and deriving insights from a range of data sources.
As a Junior Data Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for client deliverable deadlines.
- Maintaining a high level of data accuracy, consistency, and attention to detail in all client-facing deliverables.
- Working closely with strategy, creative and paid media teams to provide end-to-end support and actionable insights across the marketing funnel, across a range of insights methodologies. While this role will initially have a focus on reporting and performance insights, the right candidate will also be willing and able to work across workstreams such as:
- Social listening
- Data visualisation and dashboarding
- Audience profiling and persona building
- Competitor analysis and social auditing
- Bespoke research
- Deriving insights from publicly available, client-owned, and social media data sources, using a range of tools and processes, for example:
- Native platform analytics (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Paid media reporting platforms
- Social listening
- Web analytics
- Search data
- Influencer platforms
- Data analysis and presentation using a range of formats, including Microsoft packages and Business Intelligence and Visualisation tools.
- A people person, able to mesh with a diverse and enthusiastic team of social specialists.
- Well organized, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and mindset, with an adaptable problem-solving approach.
- A good understanding of the social ecosystem, and awareness of the wider digital communications landscape.
- Curious with a pro-active "test, learn and optimise" mind-set.
- Left and right brained: demonstrate creativity in data analysis and understanding.
The ideal candidate for the Junior Data Analyst role would have the following background:
- 1+ years of experience in social insights, data, reporting, or analytics roles.
- Experience in social/digital or cross-channel performance reporting, including platform native insights (e.g. Facebook business manager, Twitter Insights etc).
- Experience with social data, insight, and research tools
- Strong analytical skills. Understand how to smartly analyse and use data to drive actionable insights.
- Strong MS Suite abilities (primarily Powerpoint and Excel)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Data visualisation skills - e.g. Data Studio, Tableau, Looker, PowerBI
- Web analytics - Google Analytics, Adobe
- Technical data skills - SQL, Python, R
- Experience/knowledge across other marketing disciplines - PR, influence, advertising, display
- Knowledge of other languages would be a bonus