As a firm, we have taken the time to listen and learn from our colleagues. We already have in place a number of successful, ongoing projects, these include reverse mentoring for the leaders in our business, led by the network, and our graduate recruitment Career Focus Partnership with Queen Mary University of London Law School, now entering its fourth year. Internally, we are ensuring that colleagues have a safe space to speak about their experiences and to call out anything that does not sit well with our values and Inclusiveness and Diversity focus.
The network is our internal employee group, which aims to create meaningful change through Career Development, Discussion and Outreach. We are also creating a hub of educational resources which will be available to all staff.
Inclusiveness and Diversity DNA focuses on our inclusive and innovative programme of internal, client and community activities. These are generally visible, high-profile activities in which all our people can get involved.
The main strands of Inclusiveness and Diversity DNA include:
- Inclusive Recruitment. This includes our Diversity Access Scheme with the University of Law and our Career Focus Partnership with Queen Mary's University London
- Social Mobility and STEM-focused Outreach
- Clients & Networks
- Mental Resilience Programme
- Balanced Talent Pipeline focuses on our internal people systems and processes, ensuring a level playing field with respect to development and progression for everyone within the firm
- In addition to the activities above, the main component of our Inclusiveness and Diversity strategy is an inclusive action plan focused on all our internal processes, ensuring that all our people can thrive at the firm regardless of their background. This complements our outreach to schools and universities where we aim to help students and others in our communities to access opportunities inclusively.