Fieldfisher’s First Steps programme is a unique opportunity to really get to know this unique law firm. Ellie Williamson, Fieldfisher’s Graduate Recruitment Assistant, shares some key insights into the programme and what makes a successful candidate stand out.
What is the First Steps Programme?
New for 2021, the First Steps with Fieldfisher Programme has been designed for penultimate year students or those in their second year of a four-year course. The programme will give you an insight into a career at Fieldfisher and put you in a strong position to apply for any other Early Careers programme in the future.
What does the First Steps Programme involve?
On day one, you'll learn more about us, our culture, work and strategy. You will also attend workshops that will help you develop your personal and professional skillset.
You will also have a number of opportunities to socialise with our Fee Earners through networking events and an evening social.
During day two and day three you'll shadow a Trainee or an Associate, gaining real-life experience of a Solicitor in a commercial City Law Firm.
Who can apply for the First Steps Programme?
- Applicants must be a penultimate year student or in their second year of a four-year course
- GCSEs including Maths and English ranging from A to C
- On track to achieve a 2:1 in any degree discipline
- Dedicated to a career in the law
- Share the same passion and values as Fieldfisher
What are your top tips for members applying to Fieldfisher’s First Steps programme?
- Be self-aware - remember that first impressions count!
- Show initiative and be resilient
- Remember to request feedback once the recruitment process has finished
- During the scheme, develop your network by seeking out opportunities and speaking to as many people as possible
- Let your personality shine through!
To apply for Fieldfisher’s First Step’s programme – click here.